So many of our guests here at Tomhegan look forward to cooking family dinners on an open campfire. We know we do! There is nothing better than preparing and eating a yummy breakfast or dinner lakeside on a beautiful day. We have seen some real creativity when it comes to campfire dinner recipes and shared some of the yummiest below. Try them out and let us know what you think!
- Grilled Nachos – What a great idea this one is! Instead of heating up the oven to 400°F, spray some foil with non-stick spray and load it up with your favorite nacho recipe or follow this one. You can cook this over the coals of your campfire or on your grill.
- Grilled Foil Pack Cheesy Fries – Each member of your vacation crew can get their own foil pack of cheesy fry goodness with their favorite topping with this recipes!
- Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich – Wow! Who thought you could make such a mouthwatering sandwich right at the lake with the help of some wood coals? This 30 minute beauty of a meal can easily be made ahead of time and placed on the coals when your crew is starting to get hungry!
- Curly Dogs – Do you get tired of the traditional hamburger and hotdogs buns while on your lake vacation? We sure do! Bring a container of uncooked dinner rolls or pizza dough and wrap them around your hot dog, roast it over the fire!
- Campfire Tex Mex White Bean Chicken Foil-Packets – Looking to stay healthy while on vacation, check this awesome recipe out! It is easy too! Just wrap it up, grill it up, flip it over, top it off and enjoy!
Find these recipes and more on our Pinterest page! Share with us your favorite recipes!