Things to Know Before You Book
COVID POLICIES – Rev. May 3, 2022
- Tomhegan will NO LONGER PROVIDE TOWELS TO OUR GUESTS. Please make sure you plan accordingly by packing these items.
- Tomhegan DOES continue to provide sheets and pillows.
- Guests are asked to please wear a mask in the Store/Office if you are feeling unwell.
Tomhegan is located at the end of Spinney Road, a privately owned road. Please drive carefully and slowly and be aware that all vehicles will need to yield to oncoming traffic. We ask that you do not show up early unannounced as the road is narrow and cannot accommodate two-way traffic with trailers pulling boats and snowmobiles.
ATV’s are not permitted on the road. They can be used to access the lake directly from each cabin for winter ice fishing or you may trailer them to nearby trails.
CHECK IN TIME: 4:00pm
- At the OFFICE located in the MANAGERS HOUSE on your way in. There is a small store with souvenirs and a limited amount of groceries for your convenience. Hours are posted on the door and you will be asked to wear a mask when inside. The area is small and limited to 2 guests at a time.
- We are happy to try and accommodate an early morning check-in for an additional full nights rent IF the cabin was unoccupied the day before. Please call ahead to discuss the availability of this option with the Managers.
- Please see the top of this page for reminders on early arrivals and road safety.
- If you will be arriving late, please contact the Managers so that payment can be processed over the phone and the cabin will be left unlocked and the lights turned on for your convenience.
- The number of guests allowed in each cabin is not permitted to exceed the number described for sleeping, (including children), on the website. Additional guests will be asked to vacate the premises.
CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:am
- Late check-out cannot be accommodated due to the limited time between cabin turnovers.
- Please follow the CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE listed in each cabin. Cabins not following check-out procedure will be charged $150.00, $250.00 for the Lodge.
- We have a 60 day cancellation policy. If you cancel within the 60 days, you are welcome to roll your deposit into another reservation only if you do with in 60 days of cancellation. If we are successful in rebooking the cabin during your cancellation period, we will be happy to refund your money to the owner of the original deposit.
- If cancellation occurs before the 60 cancellation window, a check will be mailed to the owner of the original deposit.
- We appreciate how important traditions and securing certain dates are to our guests. Please be sure to rebook online or in the office prior to checkout in order to guarantee your dates for next year. A 50% deposit and valid credit card is required to secure your reservation.
- NO PETS ALLOWED. Please, please, please adhere to our policy. We are a wildlife sanctuary and must also be sensitive to guests with pet allergies. If you are found to have a pet, you will be asked to leave without a refund and will be charged an additional 2 night stay to allow for a cabin deep clean of upholstery, rugs, etc.
- The number of guests allowed in each cabin is not permitted to exceed the number described for sleeping (including children) listed on the website.
- Guests are also responsible for bringing their own towels.
- Tomhegan continues to supply all SHEETS and PILLOWS.
- DOCK SPACE: Our dock allows for one complimentary boat space per cabin. If there are empty spots, they will be made available (please speak to the Managers), on a first come first serve basis to cabin guests that have arrived with more than one boat. All other boats may be launched daily at our Marina.
- If you would like to reserve a boat during your stay, please feel free to call ahead to secure a reservation. Our boat rental pricing includes life jackets and a full tank of gas.
We have available:
- Two Lund 16’ Boats available with a 9.9 HP engine.
- $65.00 half day.
- $110 full day.
- $550per week.
- $40.00 half day.
- $60.00 full day.
- $280.00 per week.
- $35.00 half day.
- $50.00 full day.
- $200.00 per week.
Each cabin has its own private shorefront and fire pit stocked with wood.
We ask that you please use the road when visiting other cabins to respect the privacy of all guests.
NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED. We cannot risk a fire, do not want to disturb other guests or frighten the animals who make their home in our licensed GAME SANCTUARY.
Please visit our website to see more TIPS/PACKING TIPS, FAQ’s, including Cabin Amenities, closest grocery store, gas station, where to buy ice, fishing bait and more.
We look forward to seeing you soon!